Monday, April 14, 2008

These Fragments I Have Shored...


Also, whilst we're here, a couple of places to point out: the Arika organisation is now putting photos and video from this year's Instal up at their website, along with Matt Hulse's Seenoisehearlight documentary on Instal 2006. Watch out for Ellen Fullman's beautiful Long String Instrument, a CD of which (in collaboration with trombonist Monique Buzzarté) is reviewed by K-Punk in this month's Wire. The Arches' and Arika's resident photographer Bryony McIntyre (who's responsible for the above image) is also filling up her Flickr page with work from the events of this February.

In addition, I've only just discovered the wonders of Touch Radio, a webcast offshoot of one of my favourite record labels: particularly recommended is Chris Watson's beautiful sound documentary The Sound Of Islay.

Furthermore, anyone who knows of musical and artistic goings-on in the Coventry, Birmingham and Warwick areas, I'd love to hear from you. I've been accepted to Warwick's Creative Writing and English Literature course, and will need something to keep me away from the usual rock bottom...

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Thanks for the Touch Radio prompt - just listening to the Islay piece now and it's gorgeous. There is something so otherworldly about the song of the curlew - gets me every time.

cheers

April 15, 2008 at 4:01 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Mmm, it's lovely indeed - oddly, I find it's very relaxing to write to. I might have to invest in some CDs of field recordings...

April 16, 2008 at 3:39 AM  
Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

It's Ludo Mich, innit?

April 16, 2008 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Yes indeed, with wassisname from Blood Stereo.

April 16, 2008 at 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home