Saturday, November 17, 2007

Textual Desire

After that last (and slightl humiliating) attempt at coherent thought, I'm now thinking that I really want to read some Freud - the problem being where to start. I know I want to read Totem And Taboo, Moses And Monotheism, Mourning And Melancholia, Beyond The Pleasure Principle, etc., but are there any other texts I need to read as a 'grounding' before I can get to the good stuff? And can readers direct me to the best translations/editions? And, also, is the Penguin Freud Library worth investing in?

2 Comments:

Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Ask Doppelganger - he'll sort ya out - he's read the lot and then some...

November 18, 2007 at 5:25 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

I've done just that.

November 20, 2007 at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home