Monday, October 15, 2007

Music In Our Mess-Age

Not that anyone outside of Bournemouth will really give a shit about this (and do I have any readers inside Bournemouth? Do I have any fucking readers at all?), but 3rd November sees the kind of line-up that would have Lazarus clambering forth to partake of possess The Gander for its relaunch. That means no more forays into the wild wastelands of Eastern Poole to The Central (no-one has any idea what I'm talking about, do they?), except maybe to attend interviews for jobs I'm not going to get. Since the majority of my friends have physically disappeared to various corners of the country to pursue whatever ill-advised half-arsed academic line they wish to, I guess this is the only thing I have left, apart from my increasingly hermetic pursuits (currently reading Pride And Prejudice, Touching From A Distance and Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure), and the constant task of keeping mental illness at bay, and limbs from freezing, as winter closes in. Wonderful. Excuse me if I sound a bit bitter, it's only because I AM.

7 Comments:

Blogger Anwyn said...

Pride and Prejudice and Touching From A Distance at the same time? You are truly a person after my own heart.

And of course you have readers. Hello! waves

I'm sorry that this comment was not more erudite...

October 15, 2007 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

No problem Emmy - it's nice to have comments at all. Cursed male insecurity!

I'm reading Austen b/c I'm studying Eng. Lit. next year, so wanted a grounding in the 'classics' (strategy being to read alphabetically: Austen, Bronte, Conrad, etc.) - not that I don't enjoy it! Prime comedy, and almost touching.

October 16, 2007 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger Steve Beck said...

*tip-toes out of hiding*

erm...I'm a reader too!!


*runs*

*hides*

October 17, 2007 at 4:40 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Cheers Steve. Seriously though, I'm pretty sure I can count my readers on one (and maybe a half) hand(s).

October 18, 2007 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Hey, was dn in Poole only last sat.

Bought a new comb in the lifeboat museum.

October 18, 2007 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Very pleasant. The Lifeboat Museum is about the coolest thing *in* Poole (apart from the Lighthouse (which isn't actually a lighthouse)and the enormous metal sculpture on the quay).

October 19, 2007 at 4:01 AM  
Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

I used to love the buoy on one of the Poole roundabouts that had the caption "Doom Bar" - I did a tribute trak called "Doom Bra" - sadly the sign's gone now....

October 19, 2007 at 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home